1) Leaving your apartment for up to a week or not coming back before next season? Remember to:
All too often we see cases of water damage that could have been avoided.
2) Is your lift out of order?
Call your lift engineers directly at their call centre (the telephone and lift reference number are on the noticeboard in the building lobby).
You can also reach them by pressing the alarm button inside the lift, triggering the CCTV.
3) Have you caused or suffered water damage?
You can contact the company that deals with the plumbing in your building whose details are on the noticeboard in the building lobby. Then contact the person handling claims from the Val dIsère Agence Property Management Department:
4) Disturbances at night in your building or on the street outside? Call:
5) Do you have large items to throw out?
Take them to the recycling centre on the Bourg Saint Maurice past the Barrage de Tignes.
You can contact the Municipalité de Val dIsère technical services, who collect weekly. Contact them on: +33 (0) 4 79 40 27 00.
6) Are you carrying out work on your own account within your apartment?
7) Has your remote control stopped opening the garage door or barrier?
First check your battery; if the problem persists tell the Val dIsère Agence Property Management Department.
8) Are you unable to attend the next AGM?
Use the attached proxy form to nominate the person of your choice to represent you.
All too often, decisions cannot be taken due to the lack of a quorum.
9) Is insurance mandatory?
Yes, you must have valid household insurance for your property, including your storage cellar, ski locker and garage. Your insurance must include civil liability for owner occupied and non-owner occupied.
10) Do I need smoke detectors inside my apartment?
All owners were required to install smoke detectors in their property before 9/03/2015 (installation date extended to 1/01/2016). Use detectors that comply with NF and CE standards with guaranteed 5-year battery life or better still 10 years.